Laser Tattoo Removal in Spring Hill, TN
Thanks to the innovative advances in laser technology now is a great time to consider laser tattoo removal. Cool Springs MD offers the most up-to-date laser technology in Spring Hill, TN, and the surrounding areas.
What Is Laser Tattoo Removal?
Lasers are used to essentially fade the ink pigment beneath the skin. Tattoo inks fade when in the light, which is why tattoo artists always encourage customers to wear sunscreen when the tattoo is exposed to the sunlight. Lasers mimic the sunlight and fade the tattoo ink at a much faster rate.
The procedure involves sending a laser harmlessly through the top layer of skin until it hits the tattoo ink beneath. The ink absorbs the light from the laser and bursts. The process is not immediate. While some fading happens right away, the most fading happens over the next few weeks.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal?
Lasers pass through the skin easily without causing any damage to the skin. The ink absorbs the light so that the surrounding skin is not affected. There is no scarring involved, thanks to the advances in laser technology.
Tattoo removal is relatively painless. The sensation is often described as a drop of hot oil on the skin each time the laser hits. Many patients opt to forgo any pain medication, but we can use topical anesthesia, pain medicine injections, and/or cold compresses.
Who Is a Candidate for Laser Tattoo Removal?
The tattoo removal process depends greatly on several factors, including skin color, ink color, and tattoo location.
- Tattoos with blue, black, red, or orange inks are removed more quickly and easily than lighter colors or pastel colors that reflect the laser light.
- While tattoo removal can be done on any skin color without problems, it is easier and faster to remove tattoos on lighter skin tones.
- Tattoos on locations with high blood flow, such as the neck, upper arms, thighs, and back, are easier to remove. Tattoos on lower extremities, such as ankles, don’t receive as much blood flow and are harder to remove.
- Non-smokers will have an easier time with tattoo removal. Smoking is known to adversely affect wound healing, and that affects tattoo removal.
- The ink on newer tattoos is still pretty close to the top layer of skin and is easier to reach with the laser. Ink sinks deeper into the skin over time, making older tattoos harder to remove.
A simple tattoo without layers of color can be removed quickly. Cover-ups with layers of color take more time.
Why Choose Cool Springs MD for Laser Tattoo Removal?
Cool Springs MD uses the most up-to-date laser equipment on the market. Tattoo removal has so many variables, but we keep up with the latest research to learn how to effectively remove tattoos no matter the factors. We can safely and effectively remove tattoos for anyone in the Spring Hill, TN area.