Obagi in Brentwood, TN
The Obagi® name is synonymous with excellence in skin care. Dr. Jeffrey Lodge, a board-certified physician in obstetrics and gynecology, has worked with hundreds of women over the years. He often hears about the failures of over-the-counter skin care. In his quest to better serve his patients, Dr. Lodge has selected Obagi® skin care for the men and women of Brentwood, Nashville and nearby towns in Tennessee.
Obagi® was founded in 1988 by experts in the field of skin care. The first product was the Obagi Nu-Derm® System, and the skin care line continues to expand. As a reflection of the company’s commitment to developing advanced professional-grade products, the company changed its name to Obagi® Medical Products in 1977.
In the years since, Obagi® has created several skin care products backed by clinically proven results for the cosmetic surgery, dermatology and aesthetics industries. Thanks to its Penetrating Therapeutics™ technology, these products allow deep penetration of both cosmetic and prescription substances through skin’s protective barrier. This helps make many signs of aging less apparent, such as acne scars, hyperpigmentation, UV damage, rosacea symptoms and other forms of skin damage.
Obagi® uses prescription-strength ingredients, so these products can only be obtained through a MedSpa, dermatologist, physician, cosmetic surgeon or other medical professional.
The Benefits of Obagi® Skin Care
Obagi® products work by encouraging the growth of new, healthy skin cells, thereby minimizing the appearance of aging and helping skin to repair the damage. Obagi® offers numerous benefits for your skin’s health, such as:
- Moves new cells closer to skin’s surface, leading to a faster reduction of wrinkles, improved texture, and better damage resistance.
- Minimizes splotching, age spots and freckles and discourages the new development of hyperpigmentation.
- Supports the even distribution of cells in skin’s deepest layer, allowing for improved structure and more consistent tone.
- Improves skin’s production of elastin and collagen, providing greater firmness, volume, and protection.
- Naturally improves the delivery of moisture, nutrition and blood flow to promote healthier, more vibrant skin.
The Obagi Nu-Derm®
The Obagi Nu-Derm® System is a prescription-strength formula that provides potent anti-aging therapy. It works deep within your skin to reconstruct individual cells, repairing damage and allowing new, younger-looking skin to come forth.
Obagi Nu-Derm® is made up of several products that include tretinoin, toner, sunscreen, and cleanser. Each of these are specially formulated to synergize with one another to give you optimal results.
The products in the Nu-Derm System permeate the surface of your skin, transforming the cells within and fixing the damage. This reveals the beautiful, healthy skin hiding beneath.
It’s natural for skin to develop signs of aging as we get older. However, everyday factors, such as exposure to UV rays, cause this to occur sooner. This premature aging causes the rate of cell turnover, the process by which the skin creates new cells and sloughs off old and damaged skin, to slow dramatically. When used together with RetinA, the Nu-Derm System is scientifically proven to reduce signs of aging for skin of every type.
The Nu-Derm System is ideal if you have:
- Liver spots
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Coarse or uneven skin texture
- Yellowish skin tones (sallow)
- Discolored spots or patches (hyperpigmentation)
Obagi Professional-C Serums™
Your skin needs extra protection from frequent sun exposure and other aging triggers. Noticeable signs of aging, such as wrinkles and crow’s feet, are the result of substances known as free radicals. These toxic metabolic by-products increase with exposure to chemicals, sunlight, and air pollution, causing widespread damage to skin cells and destroying the network of collagen that provides skin with the durability of youth.
Obagi’s professional-strength Vitamin C formula provides skin with the protective power necessary to:
- Prevent the formation of aging signs such as crow’s feet and wrinkles
- Resist further environmental damage
- Encourage the development of new collagen for improved resilience and firmness
- Develop a brighter, more even complexion
Obagi® CLENZIderm M.D.™
Obagi’s CLENZIderm M.D.™ products are truly one-of-a-kind. They’re the only prescription-strength acne solutions to feature solubilized 5 percent benzoyl peroxide, Obagi’s own patented formula. This special formulation allows the peroxide to go directly where it’s needed most: Deep inside follicles.
Who can benefit from the CLENZIderm M.D.™ Normal to Oily System?
- People with oily to normal skin types
- People who would rather use gels
- Individuals with skin that tolerates most normal acne products
Who can benefit from the CLENZIderm M.D.™ Normal to Dry System?
- People with skin that is normal to dry
- People who like to use lotions
- Sensitive-skinned individuals or those with naturally dry skin
- Anyone who is tired of side effects or repeated failures with other acne treatments
Obagi-C® Rx Systems
When you use Obagi-C® Rx, you can be assured that youthful, rejuvenated and healthy skin will not be far behind. These systems support the revitalization of skin from the deepest layers up by utilizing our 4 percent hydroquinone formula. This helps to minimize age spots and other areas of hyperpigmentation. Obagi-C® Rx also features 10 percent L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), which is the only antioxidant proven to enhance collagen production and guard against further damage when applied topically.
Obagi-C® Rx Systems are ideal for people who have:
- Minimal fine lines and wrinkles
- Mild splotching
- Mild areas of excessive pigmentation, such as age spots or freckles
- People with sensitive skin or those who wish to stick with less extreme treatments
- People with oily, normal or dry skin
How Much Does Obagi® Cost?
Because each Obagi® patient has different needs, you’ll want to discuss Obagi® prices with your doctor or a member of his staff. The friendly and knowledgeable team at Cool Springs MD is available for one-on-one consultations to discuss pricing, as well as answer any questions or ease any concerns you may have about Obagi® products. We’re happy to provide you with all the information you need to reach your aesthetic goals.